IT IS A SURFACE TREATMENT CONSISTING IN PROPELLING A STREAM OF ABRASIVE PARTICLES AGAINST A MATERIAL TO REMOVE CONTAMINANTS FROM ITS SURFACE WITHOUT ALTERING ITS PROPERTIES IN ANY WAY.
WHAT DO WE USE IT FOR?
- Stripping: the process allows us to remove contaminants such as old paint rust, dirt… leaving the part in its original condition.
- Optimising adhesion of subsequent coatings.
- Finishing: it evens out the surface, concealing defects such as machining marks/traces, etc.
BEAR IN MIND THAT:
- Sandblasting does not remove chrome plating, nickel plating, galvanised coatings, etc.
- Any parts that cannot be removed (lock cylinders, etc) can be damaged.
- It removes both paint and fillers or putties, exposing previous flaws such as holes, dents, etc.
* There are different types of abrasives that can be used for sandblasting or mechanical stripping. The descriptions provided here only refer to the results obtained with the abrasives used by chorreadoypinturaenpolvo.com